2023 Anthology Theme: Survival
All submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com
Submission email subject shall be “2023 Anthology Submission” and shall be received no later than July 31.
NO mailed submissions will be accepted.
Submission fee: $10 for members, $50 for non-members (includes membership fee).
All students (school and college) $10
Payment may be made online HERE or by check at this address:
Texas High Plains Writers
PO Box 19303
Amarillo, TX 79114
Mailed payments must be postmarked no later than July 31. Do NOT send anthology submission via mail.
No refunds for mailed or otherwise non-complying submissions.
All submissions must be formatted as follows:
- 1” margins.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt. (NO other font).
- Italics, Bold, All-Caps, and Underline for accent only, as appropriate.
- Double-Spaced, with no lines added before or after paragraphs.
- No subtitles.
- Single-space after periods.
- No photos or illustrations.
- Submissions to be in .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .odt files. No PDFs. No hand-written or typed & scanned submissions.
- Word count to be 500-2500 words, exclusive of header.
- Title and Author’s name shall be at top of page in a header.
No sexually explicit or abusive content allowed.
Editor has the right to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation without prior notice to author.
Editor may (at their discretion) request corrections, changes, and resubmissions by the author for quality/ consistency/ content purposes, if time allows.
Author retains all rights to their work.
Author Bios (optional) shall be submitted with the short story and shall not exceed an additional 250 words. Bios may include one hyper-link.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JULY 31.