The fundamentals of telling a story are the same no matter the medium. But the craft and business of writing for film and TV are, in many ways, the other side of the storytelling coin. In this presentation, author, repped screenwriter, and actor Ricky Treon will discuss:
- Screenplay format and best practices;
- Film and TV act structures, and how they are viewed as more important for screenwriting;
- The difference between literary agents and Hollywood representation (and the many ways to secure those different reps);
- How to pitch your projects;
- And whatever questions you may have about the entertainment industry!